The Duxbury Bay Maritime School admits students of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin. A drug and
chemical free environment will be strictly maintained.
The goal of DBMS programs is to develop students’ individual strengths, to improve their skills, and to have
fun while doing so. Programs require a high standard of commitment, effort, and personal conduct. Decent,
self-respecting behavior and true sportsmanship are expected of everyone (students as well as parents) while
participating in the school’s program, while on the school’s property, and while representing DBMS off
campus. Failure to adhere to code of conduct will result in disciplinary action, including suspension or
expulsion without refund of program fees.
All classes must be paid IN FULL at the time of registration.
The only exception is 3-week Junior Sailing classes where a non-refundable $125 deposit is required for each
session at the time of registration. All 3-week Junior Sailing balances must be paid in full at least three
weeks prior to the start of class.
- Session 1: June 23-July 11
Full payment due by Monday, June 2
- Session 2: July 14-August 1
Full payment due by Monday, June 23
- Session 3: August 4-22
Full payment due by Monday, July 14
If payment in full is not received by due date, DBMS reserves the right to use its waiting list to fill
unpaid registrations and/or restrict participation until payment is complete.
Financial Aid is limited to One Class per Year per Student and Limited to Youth through age 18.
Anyone seeking information about financial assistance should contact Beth at the DBMS office 781-934-7555
x108. Click here to download the application. Please
send in your completed scholarship applications (along with copies of W2s) to email@example.com. Applications must be submitted
at least two weeks prior to program start date.
Also, please visit www.dbms.org and set up an account including account holder information and student
information (stop by the DBMS office if you do not have internet access and we will assist you). Note: You
can/should enroll in a class and not pay. This will not hold your spot in the class but will get you in the
queue. If approved, we will apply the appropriate discount directly your account.
- For cancellations made 30 days in advance of the class start date, DBMS retains a $25 administrative fee per student per class dropped and refunds the remaining amount.
- For cancellations made within 30 days of the class start date, DBMS retains $25 or 25% of the class fee, whichever is greater, per student per class dropped and refunds the remaining amount.
- If the account holder has a balance due, the refund amount is first applied to the balance due and the remaining amount is refunded.
- Payments may be transferred among classes or family members without an administration fee, but must be used before the year’s end.
- All refunds are made by check and mailed to the account holder’s address on file.
- DBMS requires all students (ages 7-17) participating in on-water programs, to provide proof of their swim ability. Students must be comfortable in the water and be able to swim 25 yards unassisted. This can be proved in 3 ways:
- For returning on-water students ages 8 & up, we already have proof on file.
- Student may take swim test at Percy Walker Pool (see schedule). Test Requirements: Participants must swim 1 length/25 yards unassisted, jump into the deep end from a height of 2'-3' and get to the ladder unassisted. Participants will need to be dressed in bathing suit as well as T-shirt and shorts/pants. The fee for this test is $5 payable by cash or check to the Town of Duxbury, due at time of test.
- Student has swim lesson certificate (Red Cross level 3 or above or comparable) and will mail or email copy to DBMS.
- Proof of swim ability is due to DBMS at least 5 business days prior to the class start date.
- Ecology, Junior Motorboating, Tiller Tamers, LiL Luffers, and ACCESSAIL do not require swim tests. Adults participating in on the water programs must know how to swim, but do not need to take a swim test.